The Ambu PEEP-valves were developed for the adjustment of positive endinspiratory pressure after the expiratory phase of artificial respiration.
- also for Mark IV
- PEEP-range 0-10 cm H2O
Suited for use with CPAP-systems, respirator-masks, as well as all automatic respirators.
The working range of the Ambu PEEP 10 lies between 0 and 10 cm water column.
The following indications can make the use of PEEP-valves necessary
- pulmonary edema, near-drowning
- inhalation of irritant gases; CO-poisonings, aspiration and signs of shock
Main properties of Ambu PEEP-valves
- the expiratory resistance is kept at a constant level through the complete flow-range
- ventilation-noises are eliminated through a special noise-dampening mechanism
- fine-tuning possible through detailed scale
- direct connection to all respirators without additional adapter
- the Ambu PEEP-valves are autoclavable to 134 °C
Functionality of the Ambu PEEP-valve
When a PEEP-level is set at the PEEP-valve, lung-pressure does not decrease to the ambient pressure after expiration, but remains at the pre-set higher level. Collapse or clogging of the alveoli is therefore prevented. Even already clogged alveoli can partially be re-opened.
- measurements (L x Ø): 65 x 45 mm
- connectors: 18 mm, 30 mm
- weight: 40 g